I am a registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist with PACFA. By qualification, registration and practice I am a Clinical Psychologist (registered with APHRA) holding a doctorate degree in clinical psychology (1990 UTas). I also trained in group work and continue to do so with the Australian Aotearoa and New Zealand Psychodrama Association and certificated as a Psychodramatist (1996) and Trainer, Educator, Practitioner (TEP 2003). Prior to my professional life as a Clinical Psychologist I was a school teacher in the government education system for 14-years. Mostly I taught science, biology and human biology. I was a Senior Teacher of Science and Biological Sciences for the last 10-years. I resigned from teaching in 1982 to retrain as a psychologist at UWA and then at UTas.
1968 Bachelor of Arts University of WA
1968 Teachers Certificate WA Ministry of Education
1972 Diploma of Education University of WA
1972 Teachers Higher Certificate WA Ministry of Education
1984 Bachelor of Psychology University of WA
1990 Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology) University of Tasmania
1996 Certificated Psychodramatist AANZPA Inc
2000 Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training Training Services Australia
2003 Trainer-Educator-Practitioner (TEP) AANZPA Inc
- Member Australian Psychological Society (APS) College of Clinical Psychologists.
- Member of Australian and New Zealand Psychodrama Association Inc (AANZPA Inc)
- Registered Clinical Psychologist (Psychologists Registration Board of WA)
- Current revalidation with APS Clinical College.
- Current practice certificate as Psychodramatist / TEP (AANZPA Inc).
- Registered and working Psychologist since 1988
- Registered with specialist title of Clinical Psychologist since 1995
- Working in private practice as counsellor & psychotherapist since 1996
- Training of counsellors (1997-2010) with an RTO (AIPC).
- Executive Director of Western Institute of Psychodrama Inc (historical)
- Director of Training, Perth Campus of Psychodrama Australia (current)
- Clinical psychology doctorate, U.Tas 1988, identified two areas of human interest:
– The origin and nature of sexual preference,
– The nature and origin of psychological disorder (ie. absence of healing & health).
- Prior to changing professions I was a teacher for 14 years in WA government schools which included 10 years as senior teacher responsible for Science & Biological Sciences. I was a lecturer in psychology for four years (1992-95) with Edith Cowan University at the Joondalup Campus.
- Currently writing a book with working and short title of Sexuality.